Saturday 26 July 2014

New Blog: Home Again - July 26, 2014

Oh Lord help me I am going home!

In giving up my career and leaving the city for a time (I am fortunate enough that I can keep my apartment and go home) I am spending time with family in very close quarters while reassessing where I want my life to go from here. My family, and me, together again, for who knows how long... how is this going to go?

I thought after my last day, and last weekend in the city and at work that I would definitely start feeling the anxiety or even be terrified of so much change.  Alas I don't.. or it just hasn't totally sunk in yet! Huh.

I get bursts of excitement mixed with a wave of questions popping up in my head from time to time, but other than that it has been more of a ride of relaxation along with the realization of how right this path is despite having no clue as to what I am going to do career-wise and how soon I will be back to the city.

My family and I are crazy in case you didn't know, and the mix of me being away from my much larger playground to a much more rural area with my loving, coddling, cuddly and nutty family may not be the best mix.

However, I made this decision.  And as one of my older, and I'd like to think (or hope) wiser cousins put it we need more time together as a family during good periods of our lives rather than when there is a death or near death events occurring in our lives.  I couldn't agree more.

My family will get their wish that we all may regret: me home for a long while... how much of one another can we handle before one or all of us may decide to kill one another?  We shall see.

As a result of this huge and almost unusual turn of events in my life, (one I have chosen), I am chronicling to keep my sanity and hopefully give you all a good laugh.  Perhaps you can relate to my family and our insanity too!
~Ange.   




Copyright 2014 Lucky 33: Stories, Experiences, Perspectives, and Opinions of a Woman Who Made It To Her Thirties.

No comments:

Post a Comment